1. Business analysis and consultation
This stage is usually associated with a visit to the customer’s production hall. Why? Because it requires the collection of a large amount of data that is necessary to design the system, including the determination of the recommended number of robots.
What is happening at this stage?
- We define the type (pallet, basket, KLT, non-standard carrier) and dimensions of the logistic carrier.
- We determine the weight of transported loads.
- We set the distance to be covered by AMR mobile robots.
- We examine possible limitations resulting from the existing infrastructure and processes.
- We analyze the current navigation paths for the existing logistics process.
- We analyze the current efficiency of the process (e.g. the number of transported pallets per unit of time).
- We anticipate the occurrence of possible seasonal loads on the system, e.g. due to the occurrence of “production peaks”.
- We analyze changes in the system, also taking into account the development of the factory and increasing production.
- Together with the client, we define what features should be met by the system in order to achieve business and process goals.
2. Pre-implementation analysis
As a result, a system operation simulation is created, which we visualize using specialized software (Flexim).
The visual presentation of the process allows, among others on:
- embedding the solution in the mapped factory environment,
- numerical determination of performance indicators,
- identification of project risks (e.g. bottlenecks),
- initial audit of the applied safety systems.
At this stage, it is also possible to select various variants of solutions and compare them with each other. This allows you to select the necessary number of mobile robots and the necessary infrastructure (docks, charging stations, pallet warehouses, etc.).
3. Offer and budget
Knowing the optimal solution variant, it can be valued. The offer includes, among others a description of the system components along with the specification and, of course, the valuation as well as the payment schedule.
With the help of the client, at this stage we can compare the project budget to the measurable benefits that the implementation of the solution will bring, i.e.:
- ROI (Return On Investment) calculation.
- Counting opportunity costs, i.e. currently used equipment, number of jobs, availability.
- Determining the conditions under which the system translates into the company’s income.
In the case of processes that are not yet operational and are yet to be created, the forecast is taken into account.
Our project experience allows us to present the legitimacy of implementing our solutions, supported by real data of customers who have shown profits with the help of our implementations.
In addition to the production of all system components, we also provide comprehensive implementation services and training.
All this takes place within the schedule agreed with the client, and the effects of the work of each stage of the project are regularly presented and received by the client.
System implementation always ends with an acceptance test (SAT – Site Acceptance Testing), which covers all elements of the process, efficiency tests and the provided infrastructure.
At this stage:
- A project team is established (on the supplier’s side and on the customer’s side).
- An implementation schedule and budget are created.
- The intralogistics system is integrated with the existing systems at the client’s.
- Supervises the implementation in terms of time and budget.
- Necessary project documentation is kept.
After the implementation of a fully functional intralogistics system at the client’s, in connection with the provided warranty, we conduct periodic system reviews, as part of which:
- Our specialist regularly logs into the online system and makes sure that the system is working properly.
- We record the number of transported logistic units (e.g. pallets).
- We take the median and the average time of accepting a transport order (from invocation to acceptance by the robot).
- We take the median and the average time of the transport mission execution (from calling to completing the order).
Such system analysis is important from the customer’s point of view, because it allows for active response when our engineers discover a non-compliance. It is also possible to submit comments directly by the customer in the dedicated helpdesk portal. The costs of periodic monitoring during the warranty period are borne by the intralogistics system supplier, so it is a completely free service for the customer. After the end of the warranty, it is possible to use the service on a commercial basis.
6. Post-implementation support
After starting the system, the client receives a free 10-day period of support for ESS engineers with increased readiness to provide direct post-implementation support.
We are obliged to respond to every notification and questions regarding the system. It is a period for conducting employee training in the use of the system, both for responsible persons and operators, as well as in the field of safety for people who have the least contact with AGV/AMR robots.
We negotiate all the details individually when formulating the contract for the implementation of the system. There is also an option to conclude an SLA (Service Level Agreement).
7. Post-warranty service
After implementing the system, we do not leave our customers alone. An important element in the proper operation of the system is its maintenance and service. To meet the expectations of our customers, we provide a wide range of maintenance services and guarantee professional service care as well as quick and efficient response to requests.
Depending on the contract, we provide various forms of post-implementation support – from warranty care through service, to 24/7 technical assistance.
Among the maintenance services that we can offer to our clients at the stage of creating the contract are, among others:
- Telephone assistance with the option of 24h/7.
- Helpdesk portal.
- Necessary warranty repairs.
- Quarterly technical inspections and service.
- Minor software development of the system for the client.
- Generating analyzes and reports.